Application form for access to Biological resources and associated traditional knowledge
1. Full particulars of the applicant
Address of the contact person / agent, if any, in India:
Profile of the organization (personal profile in case the applicant is an individual). Please attach relevant documents of authentication):
Nature of business:
Turnover of the organization in US$:
2. Details and specific information about nature of access sought and biological material and associated knowledge to be accessed
Identification (scientific name) of biological resources and its traditional use:
Geographical location of proposed collection:
Description / nature of traditional knowledge ( oral / documented):
Any identified individual / community holding the traditional knowledge:
Quantity of biological resources to be collected (give the schedule):
Time span in which the biological resources is proposed to be collected:
Name and number of person authorized by the company for making the selection:
The purpose for which the access is requested including the type and extent of research, commercial use being derived and expected to be derived from it:
Whether any collection of the resource endangers any component of biological diversity and the risks which may arise from the access:
3. Details of any national institution which will participate in the Research and Development activities.
4. Primary destination of accessed resource and identity of the location where the R&D will be carried out.
5. The economic and other benefits including those arriving out of any IPR, patent obtained out of accessed biological resources and knowledge that are intended, or may accrue to the applicant or to the country that he/she belongs
6. The biotechnological, scientific, social or any other benefits obtained out of accessed biological resources and knowledge that are intended, or may accrue to the applicant or to the country that he/she belongs
7. Estimation of benefits, that would flow to India/ communities arising out of the use of accessed bioresources and traditional knowledge.
8. Proposed mechanism and arrangements for benefit sharing.
9. Any other information considered relevant.
I/ we declare that:
Collection of proposed biological resources shall not adversely affect the sustainability of the resources;
Collection of proposed biological resources shall not entail any environmental impact;
Collection of proposed biological resources shall not pose any risk to ecosystems;
Collection of proposed biological resources shall not adversely affect the local communities;
I/we further declare the Information provided in the application form is true and correct and I /We shall be responsible for any incorrect / wrong information.